22 May 2019

Kenya: Kenha Wants Permits of 4 Chinese Workers Revoked for Assaulting Kenyan Official

Nairobi — The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) now wants work permits of four Chinese workers accused of assaulting a Kenyan officer revoked.

The Authority on Tuesday expelled the staff from the project site in Lodwar with immediate effect following the reported assault said to have taken place last week on Friday.

Through a statement to newsrooms on Wednesday, the authority instructed the contractor to get a replacement of the expelled staff within 21 days.

"The conduct is against the conditions of contract of staff, consequently, KeNHA on May 21 2019 expelled the staff from the project and has made a recommendation for the cancellation of work permits for the foreign staff involved, to the relevant immigration authorities," read part of the statement.

The incident is said to have taken place when they were undertaking the construction and rehabilitation of the Loichangamatak-Lodwar road.

Kenya

Ice Hockey Team Determined to Qualify for 2022 Winter Olympics

Kenya’s only ice hockey team is still trying to earn a bid for the 2022 winter Olympics, being held in Beijing. In… Read more »

See What Everyone is Watching

Copyright © 2019 Capital FM. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.