The Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, has named the chairpersons for the Senate's 69 standing committees.
The announcement was made shortly after the lawmakers unanimously voted to embark on the Senate's annual recess.
As expected, some senators loyal to the Senate president were given committees that are considered to be key.
Generally, the Appropriation Committee, which deals with federal budgets, is considered as the most important committee. Senate Services is also highly ranked as it takes care of Senate and members' affairs.
Committees on petroleum and gas as also important, while public accounts is traditionally headed by the opposition as it provides checks on public spending.
The committees, their chairpersons and vice-chairpersons are as follows:
1. Agriculture - Abdullahi Adamu, Bima Enagi.
2. Airforce - Bala Ibn Na'Allah, Michael Nnachi.
3. Anti-corruption and Financial Crimes - Suleiman Kwari, Aliyu Wamakko.
4. Appropriation - Barau Jibrin, Stella Oduah.
5. Army - Ali Ndume, Abba Moro.
6. Aviation - Dino Melaye, Bala Na'Allah.
7. Banking, Insurance and other Financial Institutions - Uba Sani, Orji Uzor Kalu.
8. Capital Market - Ibikunle Amosun, Binos Yero
9. Communications - Oluremi Tinubu, Ibrahim Bomai.
10. Corporation and Integration in Africa and NEPAD - Chimaroke Nnamani, Yusuf Yusuf.
11. Culture and Tourism - Rochas Okorocha, Ignatius Longjohn.
12. Customs, Excise and Tarrifs - Francis Alimekhena, Francis Fadahunsi.
13. Defence - Aliyu Wamakko, Istifanus Gyang.
14. Diaspora and NGOs - Bashiru Ajibola, Ibrahim Oloriegbe.
15. Downstream Petroleum Sector - Sabo Mohammed, Philip Aduda.
16.Drugs and Narcotics - Hezekaiah Dimka, Chimaroke Nnamani.
17. Ecology Climate Change - Mohammad Gusau, Olubunmi Adetunmbi.
18. Education (Basic and Secondary) - Ibrahim Geidam, Akon Eyakenyi
19. Employment, Labour and Productivity - Ben Umajumogwu, Kabiru Barkiya.
20. Environment - Ike Ekweremadu, Ibrahim Hadejia.
21. Establishment and Public Service - Ibrahim Shekarau, Barinadas Mpigi.
22. Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions - Patrick Akinyelure, Ahmed Babba-Kaita.
23. FCT - Abubakar Kyari, Tolu Odebiyi.
24.Federal Character and Intergovernmental Affairs - Danjuma Laah, Yahaya Gumau.
25. FERMA - Gershom Bassey, Kabir Barkiya.
26. Finance - Adeola Olamilekan, Isa Jibrin.
27. Foreign Affairs - Mohammed Bulkachuwa, Ignatius Longjohn.
28. Gas Resources - James Manager, Biobaraku Wangagra.
29. Health (Secondary and Tertiary) - Ibrahim Oloriegbe, Betty Apiafi.
30. Housing - Sam Egwu, Lola Ashiru.
31. ICT and Cybercrime - Yakubu Useni, Abdulfatai Buhari.
32. INEC - Kabiru Gaya, Sahabi Ya'u.
33. Industries - Adebayo Osinowo.
34. Information and National Communication - Danladi Sankara, Aishatu Ahmed.
35. Interior -Kashim Shettima, Diri Douye.
36. Interparliamentary Affairs - Godiya Akwashiki, Abba Moro.
37. Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters - Michael Bamidele, Emmanuel Oker-Jev.
38. Land Transport - Abdulfatai Buhari, Nicholas Tofowomo.
39. Legislative Compliance - Oriolowo Adeyemi, Sabi Abdullahi.
40. Local Content - Teslim Folarin, Sabi Abdullahi.
41. Local and Foreign Debts - Clifford Ordia, Bima Enagi.
42. Marine Transport - Danjuma Goje, Adebayo Osinowo.
43. Media and Public Affairs - Adedayo Adeyeye, Akwashiki Godiya.
44. National Identity and National Population - Sa'idu Alkali, Suleiman Kwari.
45. National Planning - Olubunmi Adetunmbi, Lawrence Ewhrudjakpo.
46. National Security and Intelligence - Abdullahi Gobir, Chukwuka Utazi.
47. Navy - George Sekibo, Elisha Abbo.
48. Niger Delta - Peter Nwabaoshi, Bulus Amos.
49. Petroleum Upstream - Albert Akpan, Ifeanyi Ubah.
50. Police affairs - Dauda Jika, Abubakar Tambuwal.
51. Poverty Alleviation and Social Investment Program - Lawal Gumau, Michael Nnachi.
52. Power -Gabriel Suswam, Enyinnaya Abaribe.
53. Primary Health Care and Communicable Diseases - Chuwkuka Utazi, Sadiq Umar.
54. Privatisation - Theodore Orji, Oriolowo Adeyemi.
55. Public Accounts - Mathew Urghohide, Ibrahim Hassan.
56. Public Procurement - Shuaibu Lau, Lola Ashiru.
57. Rules and business - Sadiq Umar, Yahaya Abdullahi.
58. Science and Technology - Uche Ekwunife, Robert Boroffice.
59. Senate Services - Sani Musa, Lawal Hassan.
60. Solid Minerals, Mine, Steel Development and Metallurgy - Tanko Almakura, Oriolowo Adeyeye.
61. Sports and Social Development - Joseph Garba
62. State and Local Government - Lekan Mustapha, Francis Onyewuchi.
63. Special duties - Yusuf Yusuf, Biobaraku Wangagra.
64. SDGs - Aisha Dahiru, Lekan Mustapha
65. Tertiary Institution and TETFUND - Ahmed Baba Kaita, Sandy Onor.
66. Trade and Investment - Rose Oko Francis Fadahunsi.
67. Water Resources - Bello Mandiya, Christopher Ekpeyong.
68. Women Affairs and Youth Development - Betty Apiafi, Aishatu Dahiru.
69. Works - Adamu Aliero, Emmanuel Bwacha.