Kenya's Brigid Kosgei made history on Sunday by setting the new women's world marathon record at the Chicago Marathon where she emerged champion in a time of 2 hours, 14 minutes and 04 seconds.
The feat saw her erase Britain's Paula Radcliffe's time of 2:15:25 set on April 13, 2003 in London.
Her world record time not only saw her defend her Chicago Marathon title but also set a new course record reducing Radcliffe's time of 2:17:18 set in October 13, 2002.
Here, Nation Sport presents ten things you need to know about the new world marathon record holder.
1. Date of birth - February 20, 1994
2. Hometown - Sinon, Kapcherop in Elgeyo Marakwet County
3. Former school - Tulwa Girls High School, Nandi County
4. Family - Married to Mathew Mitei and has two children aged six, twins Faith Chepchumba and Brian Kibet
5. Favourite food - Ugali served with traditional vegetables and fresh milk or mursik
6. Management - Rosa and Associati
7. Training camp - Kapsait Athletics Training Camp
8. Coach - Eric Kimaiyo (former Honolulu Marathon champion)
9. Marathon debut - Porto Novo Marathon in 2015
10. Personal bests - Marathon: 2:14:04 (World Record) Chicago Marathon 2019, Previous personal best time: 2:18:20 London Marathon 2019, Half Marathon: 1:04:28 Great North Half Marathon 2019