Kenyatta Says BBI Unstoppable, Dismisses Opponents as Conmen

16 October 2019

Nairobi — President Uhuru Kenyatta has exuded confidence the Building Bridges Initiative will sail through, dismissing those opposed to the initiative as conmen.

Speaking in Kajiado during the launch of the Nairobi-Suswa Standard Gauge railway line on Wednesday, Kenyatta told locals to ignore politicians misleading them on the initiative he is co-leading with former Prime Minister Raila Odinga.

The Head of State was expected to receive a report form a 14-member BBI taskforce at the end of last month.

Recommendations made by the taskforce will inform changes, if any, to the constitution with both Kenyatta and Odinga having expressed their desire for an all-inclusive government which the latter has expressly said can only be achieved through the expansion of the executive.

See What Everyone is Watching

More From: Capital FM

Don't Miss

AllAfrica publishes around 700 reports a day from more than 140 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.