SheDecides are looking for the next SheDecides 25x25 young leaders, marking 25 years since the Beijing Platform for Action at the Fourth World Conference for Women in Beijing.
We are looking to put forward applications from across Plan International’s network for progressive youth activists able to speak across the more sensitive SRHR issues, in particular on the right to safe abortion, comprehensive sexuality education and LGBTIQ rights.
- Born in 1995
- An articulate person
- Passionate about SheDecides causes, and/or familiar with the Beijing agenda
- Taking action at country level on a key issue related to the SheDecides manifesto (e.g. Abortion, FGM/C, HIV, Contraception etc.)
- Available to travel to the flagship event in early March and engage in select activities throughout 2020.
- An established presence on social media
1) Submit an audio or video file, no longer than two minutes, outlining why you should be one of the 25. This should include:
- Relevant Experience
- Areas of interest
- Knowledge of related organisations and campaigning groups
2) Also submit a max. 600-word piece on an area of the SheDecides Manifesto which you would focus on as one of the 25.
This would address:
- Why that particular area (whether it’s abortion, CSE, HIV or FGM/C) is urgent to you and your region
- How you plan to advance its cause throughout 2020
N.B: Make sure you specify the area you will work on.
To apply for this opportunity, please email to email@example.com with the name and country of the candidate by Monday 25th November 10a.m. with the subject line ‘SheDecides Plan International applications’ and provide the following 2 attachments to the email:
i. The max. 2 min max audio or video file of the young SHRH activist
ii. The max. 600-word piece from the young SRHR as recommended in point 2) above.
Also write through the email above if you need more inquiries.