South Africa: Man Electrocuted After Falling Into Hole With Exposed Wires

A man was electrocuted and seriously injured after he fell into an open hole where there were exposed electrical wires.

According to Netcare 911 spokesperson Shawn Herbst, paramedics responded to a report of a fall in Woodmead Drive, Sandton, at 06:08 on Tuesday.

"Reports from the scene indicate that an adult male fell into an open hole with exposed wires sometime during the night," Herbst said.

The man sustained serious burns to his left leg and right arm, and he required advanced life support intervention.

"The patient was safely removed from the hole by fire and rescue services," Herbst said.

Once treated, he was transported by ambulance to hospital for further treatment.

Source: News24

See What Everyone is Watching

More From: News24Wire

Don't Miss

AllAfrica publishes around 800 reports a day from more than 140 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.