Kenya: Infant Dies After Choking On Lollipop

18 February 2020

A baby boy died in Kakamega after he choked on a sweet.

The mother of the baby said her six-year-old son gave the infant the sweet when she was in the bathroom.

Efforts by the baby's father to help him failed.

"I heard my wife call out for help and was shocked to find my son on the floor struggling to breathe," said the father.

The seven-month-old baby was rushed to Lumakanda Sub-County Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Koromaiti sub-location assistant chief Wilkister Muyoka said the Monday evening incident was unfortunate.

The baby's body was taken to Chebaywa Hospital mortuary.

See What Everyone is Watching

More From: Nation

Don't Miss

AllAfrica publishes around 800 reports a day from more than 140 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.