Valued Customers, The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the coronavirus (COVID-19) as a global pandemic, following the unprecedented spread across the world and very sad deaths occasioned by the virus. Our most sincere thoughts and prayers are with all families who have lost loved ones as we wish those infected speedy recovery.
At Ecobank, we are closely monitoring the situation and are committed to ensuring the safety of our customers and employees. A number of the countries in which we operate have recorded cases of coronavirus and we are following guidance from the respective governments, national health agencies and the WHO in order to control the spread of COVID-19.
I will like to share with you what we are doing.
The Preventive Measures That We Are Taking We are committed to keeping our facilities and business offices safe and have taken these actions: Our Business & Employees - Suspended all non-essential business travel and postponed and/or canceled physical meetings.
- Meetings are now held in virtual/digital format made possible by the investments we made in our digital transformation journey.
- Evoking/testing our business continuity plan in the event that there is any lock down in any of our countries, so that we can continue to serve you.
- Emphasizing strong hygiene habits by frequent washing of hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time or use of alcohol based hand sanitizers.
- Employees are mandated to stay at home when they are, or feel unwell and self-isolate/quarantine for 14 days if they have been to a country with high confirmed cases.
At Ecobank Premises, Branches & ATMs - Temperature checks are done at all entry points to screen for anyone, employees, customers and visitors with heightened temperature to prevent entry and to seek medical attention.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizers are at all our locations and ATMs for compulsory use by employees, customers and all visitors.
- Crowd control and social distancing within our various premises.
- Tellers and front office employees attending to customers wear face masks with gloves and respect a minimum distance of 1 metre.
- Heightened use of disinfectants to regularly clean ATMs wherever they may be, as well as doors, table tops and other surfaces.
Operating Your Account or Carrying Out Transactions If you do not wish to, you do not have to visit any of our branches to carry out transactions: - Use our digital platforms: Ecobank Mobile App Ecobank Online Ecobank OMNI Ecobank Omni Lite - Contact any of our Regional Contact Centres 24/7.
The numbers are below: - Lagos: +234 (0) 700 500 0000, +234 (0) 708 065 3700, +234 (0) 1 270 1323; firstname.lastname@example.org - Abidjan: +225 (0) 21 21 00 21 / 800 80 088 (toll free); email@example.com - Accra: +233 (0) 302 213999; Toll free 3225 (MTN, Vodafone, Airtel, TIGO) or 0800 30000 (Vodafone only); firstname.lastname@example.org - Contact your local branch on their contact numbers.
Visit ecobank.com for the full list.
What You Should Do - Follow any and all new measures that will be advised from time to time.
- Continue to follow basic protective measures recommended by WHO and the government agencies in your country to: - Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitizers regularly.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 1 metre.
- Avoid touching your face - nose, eyes and mouth - Practice respiratory hygiene by covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care immediately.
- Stay informed and follow the advice given by your healthcare provider.
This is an unusual, extraordinary and difficult period in time.
At Ecobank we do understand that COVID-19 is impacting a number of people and causing others serious concern and anxiety. We will continue to stay abreast of the situation in order to adapt to changing developments for the good health and well-being of all our customers, employees and communities.
Together let's keep well and safe, following the instructions given to us by the world health experts for our better health.
Very sincerely, Ade Ayeyemi Group Chief Executive Officer