Nigeria: Ekiti Confirms Fresh Case of Coronavirus

A fresh case of coronavirus has been confirmed by the Ekiti State Government, bringing to two the number of cases so far confirmed in the state.

The Commissioner for Information, Muyiwa Olumilua, confirmed the latest development on Wednesday during a press briefing in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital.

Mr Olumilua, however, said the state Ministry of Health would in due course give full details

" This second case is confirmed. It was confirmed today (Wednesday) and the victim has been put in isolation centre.

" We are assuring our people that there is still no cause for alarm. We are taking all necessary steps to ensure that the disease does not fester in our dear state.

" You can now see why part of the measures put in place is the total lockdown of the state where movements are restricted to curb the spread.

" We salute the security agencies for ensuring that the lockdown order issued by Governor Kayode Fayemi is obeyed.

"We appeal to our people to complement the government's efforts by staying indoors till April 12.

"We appeal to maintain personal hygiene of hand washing, use of sanitisers and maintenance of social distancing to curb the spread," he said.

(NAN)

See What Everyone is Watching

More From: Premium Times

Don't Miss

AllAfrica publishes around 800 reports a day from more than 140 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.