In support of the Government of Kenya's efforts to curb the spread of the Coronavirus, Ecobank Kenya Limited has put in place a raft of measures to safeguard the health and safety of its staff, and to ensure minimal disruption to customers' businesses.
These include: 1. Waiver of transfer fees applicable to the Ecobank Mobile App and mobile money wallets consisting of M-Pesa and Airtel Money. This is in addition to our normal zero-rated fees on balance enquiry and airtime top-up through the Ecobank Mobile App.
2. Installation of hand sanitizers in all our branches and offices for use by customers and staff.
3. Friendly and contactless temperature screening for staff and customers visiting our branches and offices, performed by qualified clinical officers.
4. Continuous sensitization of staff and customers on Covid-19 in line with the Kenya Bankers Association (KBA) and the Ministry of Health guidelines.
5. Adoption of a comprehensive 'work from home' framework for our employees, to ensure minimum exposure while still guaranteeing outstanding Customer Experience for our clients.
6. 6. In line with the Central Bank of Kenya's (CBK) guidelines issued on March 18, 2020, case by case review of requests by customers whose repayment of loans may be affected by their individual circumstances as a result of the pandemic.
Ecobank Kenya MD & Regional Executive Central, Eastern and Southern Africa (CESA), Cheikh Travaly said: "We have thought about ways in which we can best support our customers at this time, by ensuring they are well informed and are able to make the best decisions for themselves and their respective businesses. These are unprecedented times and we are committed to working within our control to ensure the wellbeing of our staff, customers and community.
We will update our measures as developments continue to evolve.
Mr. Travaly urged customers to take advantage of Ecobank's robust digital banking platforms such as Mobile Banking, Ecobank Online for personal customers, Ecobank OmniLite for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Ecobank OmniPlus for Corporate customers for increased convenience and as a way of mitigating the spread of the novel Coronavirus.
Media Contacts: Vincent Musumba Manager, Corporate Communications Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: 0721802388
Ecobank Kenya is part of the Ecobank Group, the leading independent pan-African banking group. The Ecobank Group employs over 15,000 people and serves about 20 million customers in the consumer, commercial and corporate banking sectors across 33 African countries. The Group has a banking license in France and representative offices in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; Johannesburg, South Africa; Beijing, China; London, the UK and Dubai, the United Arab Emirates. The Group offers a full suite of banking products, services and solutions including bank and deposit accounts, loans, cash management, advisory, trade, securities, wealth and asset management. ETI is listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchanges in Lagos, the Ghana Stock Exchange in Accra, and the Bourse Régionale des Valeurs Mobilières in Abidjan.