Nigeria: Fire in State House Store

5 June 2020

A minor fire incident was recorded yesterday afternoon at a store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa, Abuja, the presidency said Thursday in statement.

"The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises", it said in the statement signed by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu.

"Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded," it stated.

More From: This Day

Don't Miss

AllAfrica publishes around 800 reports a day from more than 140 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.