Angola: COVID-19 - Over 30 Suspected Cases Detected in Cuanza Norte

Ndalatando — Thirty nine suspected cases of covid-19 have been detected in the last two days in the municipality of Cazengo, northern Cuanza Norte province, Angop learned Thursday in Luanda.

Speaking to journalists, the director of the Provincial Health Office, Maria Filomena Wilson, said the cases were detected as a result of 856 rapid tests, as part of the effort against the pandemic.

The official said the suspected cases will be sent to Luanda referral laboratories for confirmation, and the suspected cases, all asymptomatic, will remain in home quarantine under medical surveillance.

According to Maria Filomena Wilson, Cuanza Norte has been supplied with one thousand rapid texts and more will be arriving soon for mass check-ups in the communities.

She also said the province has so far reported 16 positive cases of covid-19, as a result of 2.191 specimens submitted to Luanda laboratories.

Of the 16 positive cases, five were transferred to Luanda for treatment and 11 are being treated locally, Maria Wilson also said.

Cazengo municipality in Cuanza Norte province, about 200 kilometres of Luanda, is second to the capital in covid-19 infections and has therefore been lockdown by the authorities.

More From: ANGOP

Don't Miss

AllAfrica publishes around 800 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.