The December graduation season has seen the University of Cape Town (UCT) exploring uncharted territory, with thousands of graduates being honoured in virtual graduation celebratory events - the first of their kind for the university since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, to celebrate with the 2020 PhD cohort, Vice-Chancellor Professor Mamokgethi Phakeng met with some of the graduates in person on the steps of Sarah Baartman Hall on 14 December 2020. Je'nine May was there to capture it all on camera.
Top Headlines: South Africa
- South Africa: Covid-19 Vaccine Roll-Out - a Dream Deferred?
- South Africa: Concourt Rules That Marriage Act Oppressing Thousands of Women Is Unconstitutional
- South Africa: SA Has 'Sufficient Water in Storage'
- South Africa: Winde Suspends Madikizela for 14 Days to 'Determine the Facts' in CV Scandal
- South Africa: Basic Education On Statistics of Teacher Vacancies in the Country
- South Africa: Answer the Siren Call and Make the Elites Fear It
- South Africa: Parliament Welcomes New Appointments to Military Command Council
- South Africa: Minister Angie Motshekga - Sedibeng West District's Dialogue On Strategic Response to the Impact of Coronavirus Covid-19 On Schooling
- South Africa: Uber Drivers Are Workers, Not Contractors
- South Africa: Book Review | Cuddling Men and Tailoring Scissors
- South Africa: Accused Cop Killer to Appear in Court
- South Africa: Basic Education Disputes Report About Shortage of Teachers
- South Africa: Alexkor Urged to Advance Alexander Bay Development
- South Africa: Media Statement - Public Enterprises Committee Concludes Two-Day Oversight At Alexkor
- South Africa: Media Statement - Joint Standing Committee On Defence Chairpersons Welcome New Appointments to Military Command Council
- South Africa: Crumbling North West Hospital Is a Health Hazard, but Desperate Patients Fight to Keep It