President Cyril Ramaphosa will this afternoon, 23 February 2021, virtually address the launch of the 'Recover Better Together' post COVID-19 Campaign.
The initiative is organised by Global Citizen in partnership with the European Commission and the World Health Organisation (WHO). The campaign seeks to create momentum for global COVID-19 pandemic recovery and a return to the implementation of global goals.
The initiative brings together governments, world leaders, philanthropists, corporates, civil society and Global Citizen around a Five Point Recovery Plan which seeks to achieve the following:
1. End the pandemic: Ensuring equitable access to COVID-19 tests, vaccines, treatments, diagnostics and therapeutics for everyone, everywhere.
2. Stop the hunger crisis: Ensuring nutrition security and strengthening food system resilience for all.
3. Get children back in school: Ensuring a #ReturnToLearn model that bridges the digital divide and ensures all children are safe and receive quality and inclusive education.
4. Cool the planet: Protecting the earth's resources to promote the well-being of people and the planet.
5. Protect the most marginalised: Ensuring a fair, just and inclusive recovery that leaves no one behind.
Media are invited to cover the President's address which will be streamed live as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 23 February 2021
Time: 18:00 (SAST)
Where: https://www.youtube.com/who and PresidencyZA digital platforms