With South Africa hosting the 2023 Netball World Cup (NWC), Minister of Sport, Arts and Culture, Nathi Mthethwa, has announced the NWC board.
Addressing a media briefing on Tuesday, the Minister said the Cape Town International Convention Centre will host the 2023 NWC from 17 July to 8 August 2023.
South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) Chief Operations Officer, Patience Shikwambana, has been appointed chairperson of the board.
Other board members include:
City of Cape Town Councillor, Jean-Pierre (JP) Smith: Member of the Mayoral committee;
Western Cape Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport Chief Director - Sport and Recreation, Dr Lyndon Bouah;
President - Netball Africa and Member of International Netball Federation (INF), Cecilia Molokwane;
Netball SA CEO, Blanche de le Guerre and
Department of Sport, Arts and Culture Deputy Director General: Recreation Development and Sport Promotion Sumayya Khan.
The responsibilities of the board include:
- Strategic overall guidance and compliance.
- Approval of all contractual obligations.
- Finalization of an Organisational structure for the OC.
- Financial oversight to ensure continued solvency of the OC.
- Approval of all requisite policies.
- Overall project coordination and reporting.