Zimbabwe: 8 Learners Hospitalised After Food Poisoning

Trust Freddy — EightT learners from Matoranhembe Primary School in Murombedzi, Zvimba District, were rushed to hospital last Friday with suspected food poisoning.

The learners fell ill after consuming rice and soup from a lunch box brought by their colleague, and started vomiting.

National police spokesperson, Commissioner Paul Nyathi, yesterday said investigations were underway.

"Investigations carried out by the police revealed that a fellow school pupil brought the lunch box which contained home prepared food after being given two lunch boxes by her parent. The parent gave her instructions on how to share the food," Comm Nyathi said.

He said investigations were ongoing and further details would be released when they become available.

AllAfrica publishes around 500 reports a day from more than 100 news organizations and over 500 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.

Articles and commentaries that identify allAfrica.com as the publisher are produced or commissioned by AllAfrica. To address comments or complaints, please Contact us.