The Embassy of the Republic of Liberia in Washington, DC, in collaboration with the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Liberia to the United Nations, Consulate General in New York, Consulates in Minnesota and Georgia, and the Union of Liberian Associations in the Americas (ULAA), formally announce the holding of the Inaugural Liberia Business & Investment Forum, "Prosperity Through Trade and Development."
The forum will take place Thursday, September 26, 2019 at the New York Marriott Marquis, 1535 Broadway, New York, 10036, from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 pm.
Please visit our Eventbrite page to register.
The purpose of the Forum is to encourage private sector investment in Liberia, and also increase trade and commerce between Liberia and the United States. The Forum, which will include a Plenary Session and Panel Discussions, B2B, B2G and G2G networking, is in support of the Liberian Government's Pro-Poor Agenda for Prosperity and Development (PAPD).
Key Liberian government officials will be in attendance to provide relevant information on important priority projects and sectors for investment.
Speakers announced include:
- Honorable Gbehzohngar M. Findley, Minister of Foreign Affairs;
- Honorable Samuel D. Tweah, Minister of Finance & Development Planning;
- Honorable Professor Wilson K. Tarpeh, Minister of Commerce;
- Honorable Mobutu V. Nyepan, Minister of Public Works;
- Honorable Alvin C. Wesseh, Assistant Minister for Research & Extension Service, Ministry of Agriculture;
- Honorable Morris Sackor, Executive Director, National Investment Commission;
- Atty. Madame Saifuah M. Gray, CEO & President of National Oil Company of Liberia;
- Mr. John B.S. Davies, President of Liberia Bank for Development & Investment;
- Mr. Quinton A. Tunis, Director of Investment Promotion, National Investment Commission;
- Mr. Wendell Addy, President, Liberia Chamber of Commerce; and.
- Mr. Nuradin Osman, AGCO’s Vice President and General Manager for Africa
The private sector in Liberia and the Liberia Business Association in the Americas will also be represented at the Forum.
Other invited guests include senior officials from the U.S. Departments of Agriculture, Health, Education, Trade, and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), as well as the United States Chamber of Commerce, and a representative of Export-Import Bank of America.
For further information, contact: Cynthia L. Blandford, President, Global Strategies for Good, LLC. Tel: 404-565-1154
Concept Note:Liberia Business and Investment Forum New York City, September 26, 2019 from the Liberia National Investment Commission