Ecobank Transnational Incorporated ("Ecobank" or "the Group"), the only banking group with a presence in 32 African countries, inaugurated its new corporate headquarters, the Ecobank Pan African Centre, in a prestigious opening ceremony today, in the presence of His Excellency, Faure Essozimna Gnassingbé, President of the Republic of Togo, as well as other Heads of State, Central Bank Governors and high-ranking dignitaries.
Set on 42,180 square metres on the Boulevard du Mono, Togo's main arterial road, the Pan African Centre is an intelligent building complex, constructed to the highest international standards and equipped with the latest energy-efficient technology and air conditioning.
The Centre consists of five buildings:
• The Head Office: A 7-storey building, with a total floor space of 5,000 square metres, providing one of the most modern office environments in the region.
• The Conference Centre: A 480-seat auditorium built to international standards and incorporating the latest technology.
• The Training Centre: Focused on the development of senior and middle management, with a faculty and curricula based on international best standards.
• The Technology Centre: Housing one of the Group's three data centers with connections to the Group's IT hubs in Accra and London.
• The Club House: A leisure facility for Ecobank employees that includes dining and multiple sports facilities.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony, Group Chief Executive, Arnold Ekpe, commented: "The Pan African Centre stands as a tribute both to the vision of Ecobank's founding fathers in creating a pan-African banking group and the commitment of all staff to the development of Ecobank."
Notes to Editors:
About Ecobank Group
Incorporated in Lomé, Togo, Ecobank Transnational Incorporated (ETI) is the parent company of the leading independent regional banking group in Africa. It currently operates in 30 African countries, namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Côte d'Ivoire, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The group also has an affiliate in Paris and representative offices in Dubai, Johannesburg and Luanda. ETI is listed on the stock exchanges in Lagos, Accra and the West African Economic and Monetary Union (UEMOA) the BRVM. The Group has over 10,000 employees from 35 different countries in over 755 branches. Ecobank is a full-service bank providing wholesale, retail, investment and transactional banking services to governments, financial institutions, multinationals, SMEs and individuals. For more information, please visit: http://www.ecobank.com.