The International Trade Centre is marking its fiftieth year of fostering trade that promotes sustainable development and poverty reduction. Two upcoming events in Rwanda aim to stimulate more jobs and income through trade - and women are at the heart of the efforts. more
Send Liberia Life-Saving Supplies. If you gave to Haiti earthquake relief or tsunami recovery or any other humanitarian cause: why would you not help the people of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone, whose countries are experiencing similarly devastating catastrophes, without the international outpouring of concern and aid that victims of those natural disasters received. Most of you are going about your normal lives, while three African countries - and potentially more - are collapsing from Ebola.
In Other News ...
United Nations human rights officials in Tanzania have reported an increase in the number of ritual killings of people with albinism, who are allegedly portrayed as ghosts or devils that bring bad luck.
- ECA to Launch Paper On "Climate Change in the African Small Island Developing States
- African Forum On Post-2015 Provides Elements for Accountability
- Advocate for Land in Africa - Networks and Coalitions a Must
- AfDB Prices NZD 100 million Kauri Bond Due August 2019
- AfDB and WHO Sign US $60 Million MOU to Strengthen Ebola Response in West Africa
- Just Released - the West Africa Monitor Quarterly, Issue 3
- The AfDB Marks Its Golden Jubilee in November 2014
- WEDF to Put Focus on SME Growth Potential in Mobile Technology, Traditional Sectors
- Select WEDF 2014 Parallel Sessions to Explore the Potential of SMEs
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.