Send Liberia Life-Saving Supplies. If you gave to Haiti earthquake relief or tsunami recovery or any other humanitarian cause: why would you not help the people of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone, whose countries are experiencing similarly devastating catastrophes, without the international outpouring of concern and aid that victims of those natural disasters received. Most of you are going about your normal lives, while three African countries - and potentially more - are collapsing from Ebola.
Fear of the Ebola virus, along with weak public infrastructure, and a slow response by the international public health community and world governments is reversing real progress in Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea. A group of prominent Africans launched a 'Call to Action' petition aimed at reversing the losses, starting by lifting quarantines on affected countries. Civil society organisations want an 'influential and knowledgeable' Special Envoy on Ebola from Ecowas. more
In Other News ...
- World Export Development Forum to Help Africa's SMEs Thrive in the World Economy
- WEDF 2014 Plenary Sessions to Highlight Job Creation through SME Exports
- International Sponsors Support the 14th WEDF in Rwanda
- UK Parliament Seminar Explores How to Unlock the Talent of Women Entrepreneurs
- Multilateral Development Banks agree to reinforce climate financing in advance of UN summit
- Central African Republic Calls On AfDB's Support in Strengthening Management of Public Finances, Says Former Prime Minister André Nzapayéké
AllAfrica publishes around 2,000 reports a day from more than 130 news organizations and over 200 other institutions and individuals, representing a diversity of positions on every topic. We publish news and views ranging from vigorous opponents of governments to government publications and spokespersons. Publishers named above each report are responsible for their own content, which AllAfrica does not have the legal right to edit or correct.